A blog from Visual Jill, East Bay Interior Design

A blog from Visual Jill, East Bay Interior Design

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For Brita

Brita Oberwetter, 1923-2011
This post is in remembrance of Jill's mother, Brita, who passed away last week. Brita was born in Norway and came to the United States after World War II. She worked as a nurse, which is how she met her husband, Art. She was a loving mother to two daughters and grandmother to three grandchildren. Her favorite flowers were peonies and lilacs, and she made beautiful hand-knit Norwegian sweaters and mittens.

Brita, we wish you a peaceful journey into the next world, and thank you for sharing your time on this earth with your family and friends. You are loved, and you will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. I will miss my mom Brita so much. She was an inspiration to me and a wonderful support for me throughout my life. Always with devotion, love and independence. Thanks mom

    ReplyDelete